The Meditarranean Control Associations has established a new award,
called the MCA Founders Award, "To recognize significant technical contributions or outstanding
long-term service to the Mediterranean Control Association and the
Mediterranean Conference on Control and Automation."
- Manolis Christodoulou, Technical University of Crete, Greece.
Presented: MED '05 Conference, Cyprus. June 2005. View plaque here
The MCA Ktesibios Award, first awarded in 2000, has been established to
recognize exceptional contributions to theory, design, or practice in
the areas of systems, control, or automation. These contributions should
not only be outstanding, but also sustained over a long period of time.
The recipient should have a demonstrated record of scientific and professional
activities that have directly impacted countries in the Mediterranean
region. The award is presented annually on recommendation of the MCA Awards
Board and is a silver replica of a "Kantharos," an ancient drinking
vessel (shown above).
- Professor Emeritus George N. Saridis, Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute,
- Professor Michael Athans, Institute of Superior Technology, Portugal
and Massachusetts Institute of Technology, USA
- Professor Spyros Tzafestas, National Technical University of Athens,
- Professor Alberto Isidori, Universita di Roma "La Sapienza,"